THE LEADER IN READY-MADE PREPARED MEALS
Australia’s leading manufacturer of ready-made meals, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality, cost effective, bespoke meal options for local and global customers.
With a team of award-winning Chefs behind our all-encompassing menu portfolio, we work with you to create food solutions tailored to your specific requirements.
Using industry-leading technology, we guarantee product taste, consistency, integrity and safety.
- Founded in 2001 in Australia
- A fully owned subsidiary of dnata catering Australia
- Over 20 million meals prepared each year
- Over 250 employees
Who is dnata catering Australia?
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company. With a geographically diverse footprint, the dnata catering employs over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produces over 64 million high quality meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
FLAVOURSOME CULINARY CREATIONS
With a diverse culinary team of highly experienced chefs from around the world who collaborate with world class celebrity Chefs, this evidently translates into the creation of authentic flavoured meals.
With more than 2,000 recipes in our library, you are sure to find a product selection that suits your needs and satisfies your customers’ tastes. Our research and development team will work with you to understand your requirements and create a bespoke menu that surpasses your expectations.
We have developed our meal portfolio with a range of cuisines and dietary requirements in mind, from cultural and religious, to medical and lifestyle.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Low sodium and high fibre
- Texture modified
- Gluten intolerance
- Lactose intolerance
- Diabetic diet
We offer different meal types including:
Tempting, balanced meals on demand. Simply heat and serve.
Quick serve handheld delights. Available in a range of options.
Bulk supplied meals ready to heat and serve. Available in a range of options and delivery methods, including 2kg resealable bags and 2.5kg trays.
SERVING DIVERSE INDUSTRIES
We work with you to create high-quality bespoke dining options that fulfil your requirements.
We have the capability to serve a wide range of industries – from airlines, the defence sector, hospitals, allied healthcare providers and assisted care facilities, to home services, the private sector and bespoke catering.
Our team of culinary and logistics experts, make ordering and delivery easy.
- Government departments
- Food retail
- Hotels and resorts
- Industrial manufacturers
- Airport lounges
- Mining sites
- Weight loss and meal delivery businesses
- Rail services
- Defence departments
- Public events
- Aged care facilities
- Cinemas and theatres
Serving the airline industry since 2001, we know what it takes to deliver a memorable inflight dining experience.
Taking into consideration the effect of altitude on tastebuds, as well as the onboard heating process, we create wholesome, flavour-filled meals for economy class and fine dining fare for business class.
We work with you to deliver specially tailored menus, that meet the tastes of passengers onboard short and long haul flights.
“Our state of the art spiral freeze technology, guarantees your customers won’t be able to tell the difference between fresh and frozen.”
HEALTH AND AGED CARE SECTOR
Our nutrient-rich meals satisfy patient needs, without skipping on the flavour.
We offer: Complete meals or meal components in various portion sizes Hearty soups that are nutritionally balanced
Flexible packaging options to suit a variety of re-heating capabilities
“With more than 2,000 recipes in our library, you are sure to find a product selection that suits your needs.”
We develop products for a wide variety of businesses and retail outlets. We can supply items from our menu of over 2,000 meals and create bespoke hand-held and nutritionally balanced meals. We work with you to develop the best solution for your needs.
“Our team of culinary and logistics experts, make ordering and delivery easy.”
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND LOGISTICS
An export registered facility, we export quality, Australian-made frozen meals and hand-held snacks all over the world through our well established distribution channels.
Experts at food export, we manage all elements from packaging and documentation, through to logistics.
Our passion for the service we offer, drives the delivery of truly quality products for our customers.
Our customer guarantee
- Australian made meals using fresh seasonal produce
- High quality products with a long shelf life
- Cost effective solutions combined with an efficient logistics network
- Adherence to a robust allergen program
- Adherence to all food safety and accreditation requirements, with products tested to ensure compliance with all food quality and safety standards
With a robust Quality Assurance Program in place – and a dedicated in-house Microbiology and Food Safety Laboratory staffed by professionals – we guarantee the safety and quality of our products.
Our Quality Assurance Program includes:
- Raw material supply chain audits
- Fully coded and traceable ingredients
- The operation of a ‘Positive Release’ process for all meals
- A strong Allergen Control Program
Using state of the art spiral-freeze technology, our products maintain taste, integrity and food safety.
Some of the advantages of using spiralfreeze technology includes:
- Maintains of product integrity and safety
- Guarantees product consistency and nutritional content
- Allows for full microbiological testing, prior to product release
- Long shelf life of 15 to 18 months
- Allows flexibility and variety in meal choices at short notice
- Reduction in conventional catering labour requirements by up to 35%
- Significant reductions in raw material wastage
We understand the importance of environmental sustainability and are committed to working with our customers to reduce the carbon footprint of our end-to-end supply chain.
Working with trusted suppliers and partners, we are proud to offer our customers a range of meals and packaging solutions that are free of single use plastic and provide zero waste to landfill solutions.
We continually monitor our business practices to ensure that together we are doing our part to help the environment.
Some of our environmental sustainability initiatives include:
- The installation of water tanks, decreasing water use by 23%
- The introduction of organic waste composting and recycling programs, reducing landfill contributions by 72%
- The installation of LED lighting, variable speed drives and adjustments to refrigeration set points, decreasing electricity consumption by 25%
- The introduction of boiler efficiencies, reducing natural gas use by 22%
OUR PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
We know that the packaging is just as important as the food. Our packaging guarantees food safety and is environmentally friendly. Made from food grade BPA free recycled plastic, our packaging reduces the carbon footprint of traditional plastic packaging by 52%. From single portion packaging, to meal box options, we work with you to deliver the best solution for your menu offering.